My Blog List

Friday, May 25, 2012

Love this cute Squigglefly image

The Squigglefly challenge for this week is to "use a square peg in a round hole".   Translation - pick a different card shape OR find some weird buttons OR use that unusual paper....pick out a different odd embellishment OR even better, use something you would never think goes on a card and inspire us all!  I kept thinking about this image when I was trying to figure out a different shape card and I kept thinking about the hair on this image.  This beehive hair do is definitely a different shape.  If the hair shape doesn't count, I used a shaped button.  This image is so perfect for a friend at church who is sick.  She loves funny cards so I think this will put a smile on her face. 

Thanks, for stopping by.  Hope you enjoyed the card.

Challenges:
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
 









10 comments:

  1. How cute Shirley! I love your background paper and the little popped up bee you have in her hair! This will give your friend a smile for sure! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will love this for sure Shirley! The colours are so cheerful and all the bees are so fun! Your background is awesome! Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly this week - I always enjoy seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute Shirley. I love that fun card, she makes me wanna laugh and think of when I was a kid and recall seeing the ladies with the beehive hairdos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool card Shirley ! Love the image and the backing paper too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm allergic to bees - but this made me laugh! The faces on those bees really made me laugh out loud. And, I do remember those bee hive sets from when I was a kid! I love this adorable image - the looks on the bees' faces alone! Your card is awesome, adorable and fun - and your coloring perfect (still giggling at those bees)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Shirley, made me smile! thanks for joining us at LMMS, Dont forget to grab the news badge code and add it to your sidebar to be in with a chance of this weeks prize :) Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite the bee hive. Oh My. Thanks for joining us for Little Miss Muffet's Anything Goes Challenge. Deb

    Don't forget to grab the LMM News badge for your sidebar if you are interested in the challenge prize - 3 rubber stamps! It is a pretty cool badge too, the graphics update when there is a new release.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute Shirley! I love that bee pop dotted! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...love what you did with your card, Shirley!! The only way she's getting rid of all those bees is jumping into a lake! Then her hair wouldn't be a hive anymore, either, huh? I just smiled and laughed...who wouldn't get cheered up a bit with this sweet card of yours?!!
    Hugz2u,
    Sharon
    Thanks for playing at Squigglefly's Challenge this week! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about a blast from the past - this card will surely get a chuckle from your friend at church - pretty funny sentiment to go with this image!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete