My Blog List

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Speedy Fox Inspiration Challenge - Luscious cakes

Today's Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge is all about "luscious cakes".    I love the pictures of the cakes,  I would be tickled to have any of them, they look mighty tasty.  Here are the pictures I chose for  the inspiration piece:



                  I chose the black and white cake for my inspiration.           Here is my card:

When I choose my inspiration pictures, I do not give it a thought as to what I will make with them.  I just choose ones that look interesting.   I started out using the bright colored cake for my inspiration and began to search for paper.    I happened to think of the Mark's Finest Paper Stamp set called
"Welcome Poppies" and how they would match the flowers on the black and white cake so that is the moment I switched cakes for my inspiration.

I hope you will come over to Speedy TV -  Check out the other team members cards and join us for the challenge.  I am so excited to see what everyone will make.

Here is the prize that one lucky person will get for participating.


7 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Shirley ! I love the embossed background and the beautiful flowers... Just stunning in black and white... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous and so very, very elegant! You have created a twin to the black/white cake - truly wonderful! P.S. Did you make sure that the icing on the cakes was Cream Cheese icing - because that's my very fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty!! I love those stamps, they look perfect. Have a fantastic day! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really surprised me when you chose the black and white cake, as quite a few of your cards use the wild and crazy pink/zebra prints, so I half expected you to go with the first cake with the leopard print. BUT, I am glad you did go with the black and white hat cake - what a perfect copy you did on your card - love the flourish to dress it up even more!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cakes look so fabulous! And so does your card! Great job with the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so beautiful, love your fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirt, you did a fantastic job on your cake card! Beautiful and elegant - I love it! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete