My Blog List

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

CCEE Stampers - One Layer


The challenge for the CCEE Stampers today is to make a one layer card.   I absolutely love this
Mark's Finest Paper stamp set US Heroes.   Today I wanted to do something different with it so I turned it into a Christmas card.  I started out doing the masking tape magic technique by rubbing masking tape over the stamp pad and then rubbed the tape on the card to make the stripes.  I inked my stamp with a marker instead of a pad so I could leave the USA off of the stamp and then stamp in the peace sentiment.  I also used  the Mark's Finest Paper stamps "Christmas Cardinal" and "Presents".    So what do you think of this Heroes stamp set being used on a Christmas card?

Thanks, for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. WOW ! This is gorgeous Shirley ! I LOVE the stripes and the beautiful star ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the masking tape, Shirt! Pretty Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your patriotic Christmas card! It would be great to send this one to Operation Write Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make this stamp set so versatile, using it for Christmas PEACE!! - This also would go with the challenge this week at the teapot party - MMTPT268! LYMI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just sent off 50 cards to OWH......I too hope yours goes to our troops. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab technique...love the effect it gives....fab card for OWH

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect idea for this set - a Christmas star! The card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley - using the Magical Masking Tape was an inspired idea for the one layer card. And the primitive star is fab!!

    ReplyDelete