My Blog List

Monday, October 19, 2015

A Frosted Silver Tree

We have a new challenge at Classy Cards N Such blog.  The theme is Pretty Pink Christmas and they have a really pretty inspiration picture for it. 


I started my card with a black card base and added a piece of silver card stock over it.  I took a piece of pink card stock and used the Dots Embossing folder for the top layer of the card. 

I used the Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree Die to cut a tree from the pink card stock and also I cut one from the Silver card stock.   I kept the pink one for use another time and inserted the silver tree in the space where the pink tree was cut from.    I used a circle punch to cut pink and black dots to trim the tree.
The star on the tree top was cut with the Memory Box Over The Moon and Stars die.   I attached the star and the ornaments using  Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and the Metal Tip to attach them to the silver tree.

The sentiment is from the Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiments.  I used Versamark to stamp it and then added silver embossing powder.

I hope you will join us for the challenge.  We love seeing the cards you create.

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Shirley ! The tree and the embossing are gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silver tree is tooo cool and look beautiful on the embossed pink! Beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Christmas tree for the "Pink Lover" - you really paired this up wonderfully with the pink, white, black, and silver - reminds me of the fashioned aluminum trees that used to be so popular! Love the dotted embossed BG and the silver on black sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I used to love the old aluminum trees - not sure why - with the little colored light wheel that changed the color of the tree.

    ReplyDelete