My Blog List

Friday, October 16, 2015

Bokeh Technique

Here is a card I made for Classy Cards N Such today.  I used the Bokeh technique and this was the first time I have tried it.  The first step in making this card was making the background.  I took  white card stock and sprinkled Ken Oliver Color Burst in Ultramarine Blue, then misted with water.  I repeated this step using Orange Color Burst and Alizarin Crimson Color Burst.  There were a few areas that needed touching up so I just used the colors I needed and spritzed again.   In some spots I used more water and let the colors run and mix which was perfect to create the green color on my card stock.


Next I made  a template using the Memory Box Over The Moon and Stars die.    I took a piece of  Clear Card Stock and placed the die over it to cut the template .    Once the card stock was dry,  I  used the template over the clear card stock. I  placed the template  where I wanted the stars and moons..  I used white craft ink to sponge over them, using circular motions.

I layered my finished piece over gold card stock and made the card base using So Silk Glamour Green card stock.  I cut a star out of gold card stock to place over the main bokeh star.  I added a sentiment banner and added a gold star.  I placed silver rhinestones over the card for the finishing touch.

I hope you liked my card and please come back again soon.


7 comments:

  1. WOW ! This is gorgeous Shirley ! The background is fantastic ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Shirley! I'm addicted to those Color Bursts, too. I am amazed by the bokeh technique you used. Must give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
    Mindy~fellow CCNS DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shirley, you have out DONE yourself with those color bursts - what an awesome background you created with them. I like that you used a stencil with the stars and moon to do the bokeh technique - turned out FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what wonderful colours, this is great!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You did a great job with the bokeh technique! I have tried that but mine did NOT turn out so well, but you neat card has inspired me to try again. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous - the colors are awesome and the card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - that background looks fabulous and so does your card.

    ReplyDelete