My Blog List

Friday, October 23, 2015

Classy Cards N Such - Birthday Star

Here is a card I made for Classy Cards N Such blog for today.   I have been playing around with the Ken Oliver Color Bursts again.  I really like the way this background turned out.

I started out with a white card base and added a layer of red foil card stock   The top layer is white card stock.   I sprinkled  Ken Oliver Alizarin Crimson  color burst on the card stock and spritzed it with water.  Next I sprinkled it with Ken Oliver Orange Color Burst and spritzed it with water.  I let the colors air dry, but you can carefully use a heat gun to dry it if you are in a hurry
to decorate your card.

I used the Memory Box Over the Moon and Stars die to cut the star from red foil card stock and one from gold card stock.
I attached the stars together and used Joy Foam Pads Small to pop the star up on the card.

The Impression Obsession Greeting Set  was used to cut the Birthday Wishes from gold foil card stock.  I attached them to the card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to attach the greeting to the card.

That completes my card.  I hope you liked it.   Have a good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Such a bright and happy card Shirley ! Love the background... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sure is bright and beautiful and will make someone's birthday feel SUPER SPECIAL with the stars! You are becoming quite an expert with the Color Bursts!! Love how this one turned out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so beautiful - someone will be doing a happy dance when they receive this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete