My Blog List

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Elegant White and Gold Christmas Card

Here is a card I made for the Classy Cards N Such challenge #108 to make a friend card and add a squirrel or a bird.

I started my card with a white card base.  I cut another white layer and embossed it using the
Darice Doily Lace embossing folder.

Next I chose two stamps to stamp my sentiment. One of them had My Friend on it and the other one had Merry Christmas.   I aligned them on my block  and stamped them in Versamark and followed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder.   This is a great way to stretch your stamps.

I used the Impression Obsession Pine Branch  die to cut the white pine branches.  I attached them to my card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

I used Gold shiny card stock to cut my birds using Bird Song Dies  Secret Treasures Collection.  I attached the gold birds to the branches, also using the Art Institute Dries Clear adhesive.

My finishing touch to my card was to make a bow with  gold ribbon and using the Bow Easy.  This is a great tool for me because I cannot tie pretty bows.

I hope you will join us for the challenge this week.  Beverly always has a nice prize for the winner. 










7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and elegant card Shirley ! Love it... Very chic... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, I love white on white and this is gorgeous!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. How totally precious this card is, Shirley!! The gold on white is positively STUNNING, and the sweet red birds in red foil (cardinals?) look beautiful perched on your white branches and ever so friendly! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, so classy and elegant. Love the little splashes of gold, it really adds some pizazz to your stylish design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant and beautiful!! I love the embossing!! The pine branch is fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly - what a gorgeous and elegant Christmas card! Should I say this - I think I am going to have to buy Christmas cards this year. I love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to know how to get involved

    ReplyDelete