My Blog List

Sunday, June 12, 2016

For The Guys

Hi, I hope you all  had a great weekend.  We had a really good one, but it went way too fast.  We actually did not have any rain, but the temps have been around 80 to 95 degrees and it has been muggy.  I like warm weather, but the humidity is not my friend. 

The Eureka challenge this week is "For The Guys".   I have been wanting to color this little fawn 
(#13106) for a while now and this is the perfect challenge to use it. 

I used scraps from my Authentique paper pad.     It is amazing how many scraps one can accumulate while making cards.  I am trying to do better and use some of them as I go.  The fawn was colored with copics.  I added some fringe on the side.  I trimmed it down and used a brown marker to make it darker than it's original color.

I hope you can join us for the Eureka challenge this week. Be sure and check out my team mates cards.

Thanks,  for stopping by and have a great week.

6 comments:

  1. So pretty!! The image is adorable and you've colored the little baby perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. Love the fringe. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing how your creativity is figuring out how to use up some scraps (you don't need to save ALL of them for when I come to visit!) You really included a nice combo of papers here, and the fringe is a great masculine touch! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome deer! Love the mix of chevron with the fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That border of fringe along the side is such a great addition to this nature-themed card! I also love the way you used up paper scraps....and will have to remember this technique too. How is it that my scrap pile keeps getting bigger and bigger?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and love the fringed border
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete